Recount and Donation Information
Hello, Team Tiritilli and friends,
Here is the latest post-election news:
- As I am sure you all know by now, the vote count on April 4th came in with Marc just seven votes under his opponent.
- There were 35 mail-in ballots picked up. Out of those, 18 have come in with valid postmarks. It is unlikely any more will come in, but the County Clerk's office will wait a full two weeks after the election to ensure all possible ballots arrive.
- We will know the results of those ballots sometime on April 18th.
- If Marc does not come out ahead, we will begin the recount process. There are a couple steps to this process, but ultimately, we will need legal representation and will need to raise the money for the attorney fees. We feel that we owe it to our supporters and those that voted for Marc to do everything we can to ensure a proper recount is done.
- We have already started a GoFundMe campaign to raise the money we need for the legal fees. Estimates are between $5,000 and $15,000. Please visit the GoFundMe page and share it with as many people as possible:
It is vital that we share this to spread the word as broadly as possible. Without these funds, we cannot move forward with a recount.
- Please note that if everyone who voted for Marc contributed just $5, we would meet more than our top goal.
- Contributions can also be made through the campaign PayPal account:
- Checks should be made out to Campaign for Marc Tiritilli and can be mailed to this address:
Campaign for Marc Tiritilli
1212 Timber Ridge Ct.
Normal, IL 61761
Finally, here are a few press links from the election and the days after:
April 4--WGLT: Koos Confident Slim Lead Will Hold; Tiritilli Hints At Recount
April 5--Pantagraph: Normal mayor's race too close to call; 3 chosen for council
April 5--WGLT: Normal Mayoral Candidates To Stay On Pins And Needles For Two Weeks
April 5--WJBC: McLean Co. Clerk: Normal mayoral results likely 2 weeks away; recount possible
April 5--WJBC: Podcast - Marc Tiritilli, candidate for Normal mayor, 4-5-17
April 6--Pantagraph: Koos, Tiritilli set sights on absentee ballots
April 6--Pantagraph: Tiritilli: Close election shows need for change
April 6--Cities 92.9 Podcast - Marc joins the show
April 9--Pantagraph: Normal mayor ballots revealed April 18
That's all for now. Thanks so much for your support!